Engineering Interns – Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Biomedical, Computer Engineering
- Aroa is the next big thing in New Zealand Healthcare
- Diverse and inclusive culture – including 25+ nationalities.
- Work on ground-breaking innovative products healing millions of people globally
Who is Aroa and why are we great?
Here at Aroa Biosurgery we’re unlocking regenerative healing for everybody. This means we’re making and creating innovative regenerative healing products that are improving the lives of millions of people around the world. We specialise in developing, manufacturing and exporting new and exciting soft tissue regeneration products utilising our successful Endoform extracelluar matrix (ECM) biomaterial.
We have been on quite a journey here at Aroa over the past 12 years and we continue to go from strength to strength. We have really ambitious goals and we know that it’s our people & the culture of the business that sets us apart from the rest. As a medium sized ASX listed business we operate in that lovely space where every person makes an impact on the future of the business. We’re a roll your sleeves up business that loves operating with agility, pace and that entrepreneurial spirit that kiwis have been raised on.
This unique internship opportunity offers talented students the chance to learn about product development in the medical device industry. The internship is expected to run over the Summer months from November 2021 through to February 2022 and will see you working alongside a great team of people on a wide range of projects and challenges.
With positions available in the engineering fields of Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Biomedical and Computer Science, interns will be working together in our global head office in Auckland and have the opportunity to apply their technical knowledge and skills everyday on projects in the medical device industry.
Not only will these interns be working on ground-breaking innovative product development projects, they can also expect to complete the summer with greater communication, time management, collaboration and problem-solving skills to add to their CV.
What to include in your application?
We’re looking for highly talented Engineering students who want to work for a mission-led organisation making a real difference. Please include the following in your application:
- A really great cover letter outlining your career ambition and how this internship will help you achieve this.
- An academic transcript to evidence you’re currently studying towards an Engineering degree.
- An up-to-date CV that demonstrates any previous work experience/internships that you’ve undertaken. Be sure to outline your technical experience and skills (what systems have you used before) and also share any extra-curricular activities and hobbies you participate in.
- If you are a migrant, please also attach a copy of your study/work permit to evidence you have the right to work in New Zealand.
If successful you’ll be working for a highly progressive and innovative organisation that values diversity (over 25 ethnicities and backgrounds) and inclusion (everyone is their true self at work). We are fast paced and ambitious to trailblaze the way forward in regenerative healing. Apply for the Summer Internship today! Interviews will take place mid-August either in person or on zoom. Any questions can be sent to the People & Culture team on firstname.lastname@example.org